10 Quick Tips for Blogging for your Business
One tried and true way for a small business (or any size business for that matter) to engage with their customers and members is to develop a blog. Blog popularity is an ever growing medium to engage with, educate, and provide real life examples of how to navigate a variety of topics. Often it’s not a question of “should I blog?”, rather it’s a question of what and how do I go about pushing out content? Well, you’re in luck because we drafted this quick tips list for blogging success. Here are the following tips:
2. Offer a free download People love free stuff. Often overlooked, but a blog post can offer a reader some free downloadable content that brings value to their interests. You can post a quick guide or even a how to get started guide for a topic that your readers want to learn about.
3. Make it intentional Blogging should be fun but also intentional. Keep focus on what message you want to get across and be intentional. If it’s starting to turn into a hot summer, why not write about ways to stay safe in the heat or how to weather the “storm.”- pun intended.
4. Contract out Sometimes it’s ok to hand over the blogging reigns to a professional writer. They can bring a value to the blog with their own perspectives and creativity that pairs well with your brand. In addition they can handle the content while you handle other aspects of your company.
5. Create a map plan Map out your posts so it doesn’t feel like your writing the same content over and over. Look ahead to the type of season your business is heading into and write topics geared towards that plan. If it’s a specific time of year make sure to focus on tips or ideas that help a reader in that moment and also create content for later to post down the road.
6. Solve a problem Why do you read a blog post? It’s not because you feel less educated after! It’s because you have a problem you want solved. So- solve your readers problems and create value to your writing. If you need ideas simply write a blog post to solicit feedback and see what happens!
7. Provide links to valuable sites Backlinking is critical to blog writing. You want users to be able to access the information you are sharing and also direct them to a valuable find. In addition other websites will see you referring to them and may return the favor.
8. Share relevant content Staying relevant is key. If your blogging about one day having solar powered homes you may be a bit outdated. Post and share trends, new findings, or even odd methods that still are relevant today. All in all you want to remain relevant or your readers will find another blog to read.
9. Post often Posting often is important so you have fresh content and keep readers coming back for more. If you can maintain a consistent schedule of posting then you can keep readers expecting content and seeking it out from your site. This also helps keep fresh content for search engines to show the world who you are.
10. Have fun Lastly, and most important is to have fun. Blogging is fun and if you find joy, exciting topics, and relevant information the writing will jump off the page. Enjoy this platform and share some great things with your readers. Enjoy it!
Well, there you have it: 10 quick tips for blogging for your business. It’s an easy yet effective way to engage customers, increase brand awareness, and seek out new and exciting opportunities. Until our next post, happy reading!